The Movie Makeover Room Debuts at London’s Corinthia Hotel
LONDON, England - Corinthia Hotel London and Daniel Galvin announced the unveiling of the Movie Make-Over Room. A new destination venue for the movie, media and music industries, the Movie Make-Over Room at the Daniel Galvin salon is a world first and offers 100% privacy to visiting celebrities, actors, actresses and guests looking for something a cut above the usual salon experience.
Discretely separate from the bustle of the main salon, an almost invisible door leads to the Movie Make-Over Room. The new salon incorporates the experience and insight of celebrated hair colourist Daniel Galvin and world famous, Oscar-winning make-up artist, Lois Burwell, a leading light of Hollywood's 'behind the camera' industry.
The Movie Make-Over Room is a unique haven for visiting actors and actresses who need to re-style their look for a current role or can simply be used as a hair and make-up room to prep for a day of press junkets and interviews within the hotel. State-of-the-art technology has been installed to re-create all industry standards including Kino Flo lighting that can imitate everything from on camera HD to outdoor lighting.
For guests, the room offers a completely bespoke experience and the undivided attention of a dedicated hair and make-up artist working together in tandem. Whether using the room to create a one-off look for a special occasion or completely making over one's style, a library of over 100 iconic movies can be used as a reference for stylists and guests alike.
The complete seclusion of the Movie Make-Over Room also makes it the perfect choice for ladies whose religion and culture necessitates privacy when exposing their hair. It is also ideal for discreet wig fittings, extension application and intimate bridal parties. A full food and drinks menu ensures guests can celebrate in style as they pampered by expertly trained Daniel Galvin hair stylists. The various charge points, private phone line and Skype facilities also allow guests to continue with their day-to-day business and personal appointments whilst in the room.
"When looking at the needs of the Movie Make-Over Room my inspiration came from the private salons of the old school Hollywood studios. I wanted to have access to all the tools of the trade, correct power and adapters, lights and atmosphere too. A tailor-made facility for make-up and hair to come to life." said Lois Burwell.
The Movie Make-Over Room's luxuriant features and bespoke service offering herald a new standard for personal grooming within luxury hotel and beyond.
Movie Makeover Room Specification
• Separate and discreet private entrance, directly off the main hotel corridor
• An entirely exclusive and hidden space with a cast iron guarantee of privacy
• Database of over 100 iconic movies for film reference and live stream TV
• Complimentary Wi-Fi (100Mbps uncontended broadband internet access)
• Full Skype facilities for conducting meetings with artists, heads of makeup and producers
• High-spec Kino Flo True match lamps lighting recreate any movie lighting + natural daylight
• iPad, iPod and iPhone docking stations, facilities and charging points throughout room
• Private phone line for incoming and outgoing calls
• Pin Board for images reference
• Daniel Galvin trained expert colourists and hairdressers available 24 hrs per day, 7 days per week
• The room can be hired by the hour, if an artist wishes to use their own preferred hairdresser
• Full service food and drink menus available 24hrs per day
• Suitable for celebrities, bridal parties, discreet wig fittings/stylings, extensions application, press junkets etc
Rates for the Ultimate Movie Makeover Room begin at £150 for one hour
For more information on Corinthia Hotel London visit: www.corinthia.com/London